This weekwas my last zone conference. On the way down to zone
conference, we passed by the Khama Rhino Sanctuary, which is a
sandveld of the Kalahari desert! It was a lot of fun. We saw some
giraffe, a kudu or two, some white rhino's some zebra and springbok,
and a dung beetle rolling around a huge ball of dung. The rhino's got
exceptionally close to us in our jeep. It was great. It was nice to
go before I leave. I enjoyed it very much. I was just disappointed
that there are no elephants in that reserve. Maybe next time. But it
was fun, we all enjoyed ourselves. Then we traveled down to Gaborone
for zone conferece. It was great as well. They were talking about
their goals for next year, and it was sad to realize that I wouldn't
be a part of that, but the mission is going to continue to do well.
Those new sisters don't even realize how much they have to look
forward to. Zone confrence was good, but I missed my area and my
people. Zone conference hit us kind of hard, because we missed three
days, and when we got back it was Saturday evening, so we didn't
really have time to invite people to church, and it showed. We only
had around 70 people this week, and from our area there were only
eight investigators that showed up! Eish, leaving the area is not
good. But the ones getting baptized on Saturday were in attendance.
I am very excited for their baptisms! It will be so great! We should
have 3-5 people from our area getting baptized this Saturday. I say
three to five, because I am not sure if two kids will be allowed to
get baptized by their parents, but we will see. Hopefully. So, this
week will be a great one. I look forward to these last two weeks here
in Francistown. Gosh, I am really going to miss this place. I can't
believe it is almost over.
Monday, November 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

My sons love to go to the zoo, they love animals like you do. Thanks for this blog, very entertaining and informative...
ReplyDeleteBrad Fallon