Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy New Year

Well, it finally happened....I at Mopani Worms! I got a good picture of them. They were spiky, and crunchy, yet slimy all at the same time! (figure that one out, but it is true) I ate them because an investigator that I may never see again offered them to me, so I had to take them. I may never see this family again because, I am finally being transferred! Out of my greenie area. But before you all get excited let me explain something to you about transfers among the sisters here in Botswana. There are only eight sisters in the whole mission, we are all serving in Gaborone, covering two wards, so not much room for change. So this transfer I will be getting transfered to the other area in the same ward I have been serving in. It is the same apartment, the same ward, pretty much same everything except companion and car I drive! Pretty funny, we don't really call it transfer, we call it a change of rooms! But I am excited. It will be nice. I am glad I am not leaving the ward I am in now. I really enjoy the ward I am in. That is the main news from this week. Christmas in Botswana was nice. We woke up and did nothing for a few hours, then we went to the senior couple's home, so my companion could call home, then we went to the Elder's flat (house) and played games, then went back to the senior couple's so I could call home, then went back and played more games at the Elder's flat....That was pretty much my Christmas....Exciting, I know. It was actually very nice, and I enjoyed it alot. Christmas here is definitely different from back home. We went caroling earlier in the week to some homes and to the hospital, and I was dripping sweat, just standing there it was so hot. I believe it got to about 107'F during the week. Quite the different caroling experience than I am used to in the freezing Iowa winters! But the spirit was still the same. It was nice. That is about all I have to report on this week. I hope your Christmas was great, and I hope that you carry the wonderful Christmas spirit throughout all of 2010. Make 2010 a great year! Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment